|Ms. Sonora Louise Smart Dodd|
The history of Father’s Day is not as long as you might think. Some say Father’s Day is over 4000 years old. But the recent history of Father’ Day in the
makes the date much later. Sonora Louise Smart Dodd, while listening
to a sermon on Mother’s Day, wondered why there was no Father’s Day, honoring
all the wonderful fathers in the world. She then started a movement that would take a half a century to procure. She organized the first Father’s Day
celebration in United States on June 19 in 1910. Spokane, Washington
Father's Day the third Sunday in June. Father's Day now officially had a designated date. Finally, in 1972, President Richard Nixon made a permanent national observance of Father’s Day. Ms. Sonora Louise Smart Dodd was honored for her contribution at the World's Fair in
Do you need some gift ideas? Reuzeit Emporium has many timeless antique and vintage Father's Day gifts to choose from. There are plenty of options for the Dad that has everything, and not just ordinary off the shelf items either.
1. Start off with a great vintage post card. You won’t find these at your local card store.
2. Reuzeit Emporium has antique and vintage shaving accoutrements for the shaving aficionado.
3. Reuzeit Emporium has vintage and antique Briar Pipes for the smoking connoisseur.
4. Reuzeit Emporium has some nice additions for the Breweriana collector.
5. Reuzeit Emporium has military items for the Civil War - World War II.enthusiast.
Reuzeit Emporium has over 1500 unique gift items to choose from.
Whatever you do, make it a special day Dad will remember for years to come.
Happy Father’s Day to all!