Tuesday, August 14, 2018

The Buddy Purrkins Story: Early Kitten Years

I don't remember much about my early kitten years but I know I was adorable.The first two months of my life I know that I was warm and well-fed and that my brother and sisters slept beside me.  Sometime one of them would walk right on top of me to get closer to our mother.  We learned to get along together, to socialize, and of course, we learned appropriate kitten behavior.  Our mother gave us a soft swat if we misbehaved.  After spending several months sleeping and eating, I was ready to step out into the world and explore.  I was curious to learn about everything.  What is that dangling from the wall?  If I bat it with my paw it swings back and forth.  What is that bright warm spot on the floor? If I sit on it, it disappears. My owner likes to play games too. Sometimes we play hide and seek or we play with my toys.  I love to crawl into an open paper bag or a cardboard box.  The bag crunches and crackles as I move around and I can jump and pounce on the shadows. I don't need my mother or my brothers and sisters to experience these wonders.  I am independent!

I can learn on my own.


And then the dreaded day arrived.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips