Tuesday, September 4, 2018

The Buddy Purrkins Story: Buddy Goes Home


I'm home.  My mother is very glad to see me.  She is licking me all over.  I must be very dirty.
My brothers and sisters do not come to see me.  Where are they?  I don't remember much about coming home.  I know I was put back in that horrible iron cage and the car rolled back and forth but I just couldn't keep my eyes open.  And now I'm home but I'm too tired to explore.  I need to go back to sleep.

I'm shaking and shivering and sore and mad.  My human comes and tries to coax me to eat and drink but I'm not hungry.  I hiss at my human. LEAVE ME ALONE!  My human goes away but comes back with a bottle and swaddles me in a blanket.  Bad tasting stuff is put in my mouth.  I fight and hiss some more but I can't get away.  Soon my eyes start to close and I go back to sleep.

The next day my human is back with more of that bad tasting liquid. After awhile I'm sleepy again and my human starts to take the bandages off my paws. I cry and squirm and try to get away. BUT I CAN'T.

It seems like I've been sleeping for days.  I'm hungry and thirsty. I feel a little better.  I'm going to find my food dish.  I get up and fall over.  The pain is intense.  I start to cry.  Where is my mother?  I need her to take care of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips